Roasted Potatoes and Apples

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Roasted Potatoes and Apples
2 Idaho potatoes
1 large sweet potato
2 apples
Olive oil
Kosher Salt

Directions:  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Dice up the potatoes and apples into chunks.  Toss with olive oil and kosher salt.  Roast in the oven for 1 hour.

Here's what you'll need:

Peel the sweet potato.


Dice up the potatoes and apples.


Toss with olive oil and kosher salt.

Spread out on a pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.

Here's what you'll end up with:
Our Thoughts:
I was looking for a side dish to serve tonight and knew that I had a few potatoes that I needed to use.  I have been wanting to do roasted potatoes and apples for a while now but, sadly, I don't think the apples "came through" like I had anticipated.

The potatoes were fantastic, crunchy, salty and just plain yummy but the apple peel came off in the cooking process and ended up kind of mushy.  This wasn't a "bad" thing because the softness did contrast the crunchiness of the potatoes but the apples didn't necessarily stand out.

Hope you enjoy!
April

0 comments:

Post a Comment