Creamy Taco Mac

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Creamy Taco Mac adapted from Telly's Tasty Tidbits
1 1/4 lb. ground meat (I used 1 lb. ground turkey, 1/4 lb. ground beef as that's what I had)
8 oz. dry pasta + 1 cup reserved pasta water
1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
4 Tbsp. mild taco seasoning
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
S & P
Cheddar Cheese to taste

Directions:  Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta per directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.  Over medium heat, brown meat until no longer pink. Drain and add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Allow to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, reserved water, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese and cream is incorporated and melted. Simmer over low heat about 3 minutes. Season with S & P as desired. Top off with desired amount of cheddar cheese.

Modifications:
-I used the whole package of taco seasoning.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1  I put the noodles in boiling water and cooked them according to the package.  I also browned the hamburger meat.



#2 Once the beef was browned, I added a package of taco seasoning.


#3 I added a can of diced tomatoes.


#4 After the noodles were cooked, I drained them and added them to the ground beef.

#5 Next, came 1/2 of a block of light cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sour cream.  Mix altogether.



The Finished Product:


Review:

Super easy to make and very kid-friendly.  I had all of these things on hand and it is great to make in a hurry.

I do wish that there would have been a little more flavor to it, though.  I kept contemplating what else I could add to it or trying to think of what it was that my taste buds were missing but I could never figure it out.  A make-at-home Hamburger Helper style meal.

Hope you enjoy!
April

***(3 Stars)--This dish was ok.

0 comments:

Post a Comment