A Weekly Menu

Thursday, December 23, 2010

When I started this food blog way back when I posted a weekly menu along with a shopping list.  To be honest, it started feeling like the blog became a job (that I wasn't getting paid for) and it took up a lot of my time.  I thought I would go ahead and post what I am planning on making next week, in case any of you need some ideas, but I can't swear that I will stick to it.  LOL

3. Jerry Sobery's Chicken and Dumplings (Kanin has been begging me to make this again)
4. Saucy Meatballs and Noodles taken from Woman's World Magazine

Saucy Meatballs and Noodles
8oz egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
1/2 tsp dried thyme
32 frozen cocktails meatballs, 12oz thawed
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed

Directions:  Cook noodles according to package. Drain; reserve. Combine soup and 1 1/2 cups water. In large nonstick skillet, heat 1Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme, 1/2tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened and browned, 8 minutes. Add soup mixture, then meatballs and peas. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and peas are tender, 10 minutes. Stir in noodles. Cook, stirring, until heated through. 1-2 minutes.

Servings: 4
Calories: 569
Protein: 22g
Fat: 26g
Trans Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 87mg
Carbs 63g
Sodium: 1,417mg
Fiber: 7g
Sugar: 7g

Kitchen Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Woman's World


0 comments:

Post a Comment