Guacasalsa or Salsamole

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

OK, I cannot take credit for the title above.  Over the weekend I attempted to make guacamole and when it came up, my nephew and friend, JoAnna, came up with the names.

Anyway, I was going to make the PW'S guacamole but when I got to the step where I was supposed to add the avocados and I realized that they were really under ripe.  I tried to scoop them out and my spoon was bending so I decided to just throw everything into a food processor and pulse it a couple of times.  I'm sorry that I didn't take a picture but instead of the guacamole being a smooth, chunky texture all of the different components were in equal little bits. 

The texture was really interesting.  It was like a lot more like a pico with minced pieces of avocado mixed in.  It was so good that I had to make a second helping that same day.

I then decided to make the dish again on the 4th of July while watching fireworks and I got tons of compliments on it again.  I did it the exact same way and the avocado were still not very ripe.

Bottom line, while I love the traditional guacamole this stuff was great!  Don't let those "green" avocados scare you!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment