BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I have been craving bbq lately so when I saw this easy recipe for bbq'd beef sandwiches, I had to give it a whirl. I have it listed on my meal planner for the week: http://mealsforreal.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekly-meal-plan-1.html

Here is what I started with:



Barbecued Beef Recipe:
1 bottle bbq sauce
Eye of Round Roast

Modifications:
Different cut of meat
Making your own bbq sauce

Directions: Season the meat. Cut the meat into 1/2 inch sections. Put the meat into the crockpot with a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce. Cook on high for 4-6 hours and then shred the meat with a fork.

How I did it:

#1 I seasoned the meat with home seasoning (mixture of garlic powder, salt and pepper).


#2 I cut the meat into 1/2 inch slices.



#3 Next, I put the meat in the crockpot along with the entire bottle of bbq sauce. I then turned the crockpot on the highest setting (4 hours).



We had baked corn with our barbecued beef. I had never heard of Baked Corn before so when I saw it on http://momswhothink.com/ I really wanted try it.

After the beef cooked in the bbq sauce in a crockpot for 4 hours, I just let it stay in there for another couple of hours on warm. Once we were ready to eat, I tore the meat apart with a couple of forks.




We through some fries in the deep fryer and had a southern style bbq meal.

The Finished Product:


Review:
We loved these bbq beef sandwiches. It was so easy to make and you could cater it to whatever your tastes are. You could use sweeter or hotter bbq sauce or even make your own sauce.
I made it with a wonderful recipe, baked corn.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

April - we had these sandwiches tonight and they were a hit here. thanks for the recipe

April Westerhold said...

Yay! Glad you guys liked them!!

Post a Comment