PW's Pico de Gallo

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last night we had a charity event in which everyone brings snacks.  I didn't want to mess with bringing a crockpot and dealing with a hot dish so I decided to bring the Pioneer Woman's guacamole.  As a base, though, she uses pico de gallo.  Here is her recipe.

Here's what you'll need:

Dice up equal parts onion and tomato.


Cut and de-seed a jalapeno.  Dice up 1/2 of it.


Finely mince fresh cilantro.  Use enough to match the onion and tomato.

Squeeze 1/2 of a lime and mix.

Sprinkle in some coarse salt and here's what you'll end up with:
Our Thoughts:
This pico is so simple yet so tasty.  It is versatile and a little goes along way.  I didn't have the onions as uniformly cut as I would have liked so I had to go back through and pick out some larger pieces to cut up again.

I will definitely make this recipe over and over.  Perfect for summer.

Hope you enjoy!
April



0 comments:

Post a Comment