Roasted Acorn Squash

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I got this recipe in my Weight Watchers packet this week and thought they would go great with the veggie-filled burgers.

Roasted Acorn Squash
1 acorn squash
Coarse salt
Chili powder
cooking spray

Directions:  Peel and chop up the squash.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Sprinkle on salt and chili powder.  Spray the cooking spray on the squash.  Bake for 16-18 minutes.

Here's what you'll need:

Cut off the ends

Peel


Scoop out the seeds


Cut up

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Coat a pan with cooking spray.  Spread out and sprinkle with sale and chili powder and then spray the squash with the cooking spray.

In to the oven for 18-20 minutes.  I had some extra sweet potatoes so I cut them up and put them in, too.

Here's what you'll end up with:
Our Thoughts:
We loved this!  I was really kind of surprised because I wouldn't say that I have typically been a squash kind of girl but it was really good.

The one thing I will say is that it was really, really hard to cut, peel, and cut up this squash-much harder than a sweet potato.  The sweetness came out of the squash after roasting but it still had a firm texture like a potato.  I can't wait to make this again and maybe cut up some onion and apple to roast along with it.  I also can't wait to grill the squash.

I did have some left-over sweet potato so I just added it to the pan and roasted it, too.  It was fabulous!  Scott couldn't get enough of it.

Hope you enjoy!
April


1 comments:

Money Saving Momma said...

Can't wait to make this...and just wanted to tell you how much I love this blog! I am always so excited to read your review...many other food sites don't include that! Love it :)

Post a Comment