Can't Be Beat Buffalo Chicken with Light Ranch Dressing.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Can't Be Beat Buffalo Chicken with Light Ranch Dressing from Cook Eat Share
Serves 4
1lb chicken breast, cut into 1″ strips
1/2 cup hot sauce
8 cups mixed salad greens
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cup tomatoes, Baby Bell, halved
8 tablespoons light cheddar cheese, shredded
8 tablespoons light ranch dressing, or light blue cheese

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350.  Toss sliced chicken in hot sauce and bake for 10 minutes until cooked through. Chicken should no longer be pink, but don’t over-cook or chicken will be dry and chewey.  Layer lettuce, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes on a large plate.  Top with chicken and cheese.  Serve dressing on the side.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1 I cut a couple of frozen breasts into 1 inch strips.


#2 I preheated the oven to 350 degrees (the picture didn't come out).

#3 I measured out 1/2 cup of Frank's Buffalo Sauce and poured it in a mixing bowl.


#4 I added the chicken to the sauce and coated it.



#5 I laid the chicken out on a baking sheet and baked it for about 15 minutes.


#6 Meanwhile, I made a salad out of our favorite veggies.  I also had some hard-boiled eggs so I added 3 of them to the mix.






The Finished Product:

Review:
This was a very simple, easy meal to make.  The chicken didn't take very long to bake because it was cut up into the smaller strips. 

This was also one of the healthiest meals that I could have made.  I only used the egg whites of the hard-boiled eggs and we drizzled about 1 Tbsp of fat-free Ranch dressing on it, as well.

Overall, a successful summery salad.  I wouldn't rave on and on about it but it was good.

  Of course, instead of baking you could always throw the chicken on the grill and just baste with the wing sauce.

Hope you enjoy!
April

0 comments:

Post a Comment