Cucumber Mostaccioli Salad

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cucumber Mostaccioli Salad from my friend, JoAnna Sullivan
1 box of mostaccioli
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp accent
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2-4 cucumbers, diced
1-2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1-2 large green bell peppers, diced

Directions:  Cook the pasta according to the directions.  Whisk together all of the ingredients (minus the vegetables).  Add the chopped vegetables together, stir in the pasta and chill.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1 I cooked the pasta according to the directions on the box.  While that was cooking, I cut up and diced 3 cucumbers.


#2 I halved 2 pints (containers) of cherry tomatoes.


#3 I diced 2 green peppers.


#4 I added all of the herbs, sugar, oil and vinegar.





#5 I stirred in the pasta.

The Finished Product:

Review:

A couple of weeks ago my friend, JoAnna, came over for a playdate and she brought this pasta salad.  It was so delicious that I had to make it for the 4th of July and it was a big hit.

The vinegarette dressing is sweet and tangy and when combined with the crunchiness of the cucumbers and green peppers it is a great combination.

Believe me, you will love this!

Hope you enjoy.
April

*****(5 Stars)--This dish was fantastic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment