Product Review: Hannah Taboule

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This is NOT a paid endorsement.  I received NO compensation or did NO products for writing this.

On Saturday I was busy taking care of sick babies and I had to run to the Costco pharmacy.  Have you ever been to Costco on a Saturday?  It is our favorite day to go because of all of the free samples.  While whisking through some jalapeno artichoke dip (fantastic), I saw a stand that had this taboule.  They were serving it on top of a wheat cracker with a little cream cheese.  OMG, it was awesome so I snatched one up and could not wait to get home to eat more of it!

I bought a box taboule a while back and I did not like it at all. 

I don't know if it was the particular brand I bought or maybe they have individual flavors but the boxed one had a lot of mint in it and I am definitely not a fresh mint fan. 


This one, though, is made of bulgur wheat (my fave), tomatoes, parsley, onions, garlic and some other spices. 



Taboule is a classic Middle Eastern wheat salad.  It is eaten cold and it is a fantastic side but

since buying this on Saturday, I have been putting it on all of my turkey sandwiches.  The fresh parsley adds so much flavor and I love that I am getting a healthy grain and vegetable, as well.  I've tried to think of other ways to use it and here is what I've come up with:

on a grilled or baked chicken
mixed with some garbanzo beans and feta cheese
on top of crusty bread with some olive oil

I bought this container for right around $5.00. 

For 1/2 cup, is it 3 WW points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment