Roasted Garlic Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tonight we had Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches.  While trying to come up with sides, I realized we hadn't had sweet potatoes in a while so I went ahead and made some roasted potatoes.  My intention was to make them with a Lipton Onion soup packet, like I did HERE, but I didn't have a packet so I just cut up the potatoes and 2 cloves of garlic with some olive oil and salt and pepper.

Roasted Garlic Sweet Potatoes
3-4 large sweet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Directions:  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Peel and cut up the sweet potatoes into 1 inch squares.  Put the potatoes, garlic and some olive oil to coat in a bowl.  Mix them altogether.  Spread on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.  Cook for 45-50 minutes.

I didn't take an intial picture because I didn't realize what I was going to make.  Peel and cut up the sweet potatoes.  Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the potatoes.  Add olive oil to coat.

Spread out on a baking pan and salt and pepper.

Into a 450 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.

Here's what you'll end up with:

Our Thoughts:

Scott and I have really grown to love sweet potatoes this past year.  These are great!  They get crispy on the outside but still softer on the inside and we love garlic. 

Hope you enjoy!
April

1 1/2 cups of these equal 3 points on the Weight Watchers Point Plus scale.

1 comments:

Chris said...

Easy and healthy, how can you not like that?

Post a Comment