Chicken and Vegetables in Foil

Sunday, June 27, 2010

This recipe was adapted from Mennonite Girls Can Cook

1 skinless, boneless chicken breast per packet
Any vegetables that you have on hand (preferably fresh but canned will work)
Seasoning

Directions:  Use two sheets of tin foil per packet.  Spray the tin foil and place the chicken breast on of the sheets, add any vegetables.  Wrap each packet tightly.  Grill for 30-40 minutes turning frequently.

I didn't take pictures of what I started with because I was just going through my refrigerator and pantry looking for things that I thought would taste good.

The Finished Product:




Review:

This dish was so good and so simple.  I didn't have to the grocery store and buy a thing.  I had the chicken breasts and then I just looked in my pantry and refrigerator and added what I had.  I wish I would have had broccolli or green beans, snap peas or something grean. 

I seasoned the chicken with just some poultry seasoning and put everything in the foil with some olive oil and salt and pepper.  It tasted almost like a chicken roast and the chicken was really moist.

After making it once, I keep thinking of other ways to make this kind of dish:  hamburger patties with mushrooms and onions, chicken with onions, mushrooms and some spaghetti sauce, steaks with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, etc., etc., etc.

Hope you enjoy!
April



1 comments:

Chris said...

These are so much fun because the technique works with so many things, as you have already started mentioning.

They are called something like "hobo packs" or something like that, but the options are endless. They are great for campfires.

Post a Comment