Guacamole

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Guacamole from The Sister's Cafe
4 ripe Haas avocados
3 Tbs squeezed lemon juice
8 dashes Tabasco sauce
½ cup small-diced red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 to 1½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced (or more)

Directions:  In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the shells. Dice the avocados into pieces and add into the bowl. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper. I usually add a bit more salt.

Here's what I started with:

Here's how I did it:

#1 I squeezed the lemon juice into a bowl and added the hot sauce.


#2 I minced up a large garlic clove and threw it in the bowl.


#3 The onions came next.


#4 I cut and de-cored the avocados and put the meat of them into the bowl.



#5 Finally, I added the tomatoes and stirred it all up.

The Finished Product:

Review:

I follow a food blog called The Sister's Cafe.  A couple of weeks ago I saw this guacamole recipe and I could not wait to try it.  It did not disappoint.  This guacamole was so good, garlicky and salty.

The only thing that I would do differently next time is to mash up the guacamole before I add it with the rest of the ingredients because it was kind of hard to mash the chunks with the onions and tomatoes in there, too.  Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Hope you enjoy!
April


4 comments:

Mindy said...

Glad you liked the guacamole! I love how you have your shopping lists for your meals. What a great idea!

The Sullivan's said...

Awesome recipe !!! We love Mexican food !! When I cut my avacado in half and remove the seed, I go ahead and take my knife and score or cut it into dices while still in the skin and then just scoop with a spoon and it comes out already diced...hope this helps for next time!

Erin said...

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the Guacamole recipe! I agree about the avocados - it's a little awkward to mash them up in there. I usually just stir and stir until they are mashed up, but it would probably be easier to just do it before! :) Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by the Sisters Cafe!

Chris said...

Looks like a great topping for fajitas or any southwestern dish!

Post a Comment