Chicken Casserole

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I found this recipe on Dawn's Daily Life and I thought, "Who doesn't like cheese, macaroni and chicken" so I gave it a whirl.

Chicken Casserole Recipe from Dawn’s Daily Life
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
2 cups slightly cooked elbow macaroni
1/2 pound chopped Velveeta cheese
3 diced hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 onion chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1 3/4 to 2 cups of milk
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix

Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a 2 quart greased dish and refrigerate over night. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Modifications:
-Breaking away from my norm, I did not add the green pepper.

Here's what I started with:




Here's how I did it:
#1 I put 3 eggs on to boil.


#2 I measured out 2 cups of elbow macaroni.


#3 I cut up 2 chicken breasts.


#4 Put some olive oil in a pan and cooked the chicken until it was done. I also seasoned it with Home Seasoning.




#5 I cut up an onion and put it in a bowl.


#6 I added about 1/2 bag of frozen vegetables.


#7 I also put in a can of drained mushrooms with stems and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.




#8 I put the macaroni into boiling water and let it cook.


#9 I pulled the chicken out of the pan and set it to the side.


#10 I cut up 1/2 block of Velveeta cheese into chunks and added it to the bowl with everything else.




#11 I cut up the 3 hard-boiled eggs and added it to the bowl.



#12 I drained the macaroni and added it to the bowl, as well.


#13 The chicken went in next.



#14 I measured 2 cups of milk and added it to the mix, too.



#15 I mixed everything together and then put it in a greased 9x13 baking dish.

The recipe calls for it to sit overnight but I just made it earlier this morning and put it in the refrigerator.



#16 Once we started getting hungry, the dish went into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.



The Finished Product:


I am really sorry for the picture here. Scott took it. This picture does NO JUSTICE for this dish.



Review:

This dish was so incredibly, yummily delish. It was so cheesy that I seriously could have eaten the entire dish but I just stopped with exactly 1 cup of it.

Scott that it was awesome. He told me that he ate so much that he could have made himself sick.

Another thing that I love about this recipe is that I was able to make it this morning and then, since I wasn't home this evening, Scott was able to just pop it in the oven. It is a meal that could be made the night before or I think it could even be put in a crockpot (with extra meal) and it could cook for a few hours that way, too.

Loved it!

Hope you enjoy!
April

0 comments:

Post a Comment