Crockpot Herbed Chicken

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tonight's dinner really came about because of an oversight on my part.  I was supposed to make Crockpot Lemon Pepper enterhicken from Weekly Menu 8 BUT I didn't listen to my own advice and didn't check my pantry so I did not have any lemon pepper seasoning.  So . . . instead we had Crockpot Herbed Chicken.

Crockpot Herbed Chicken Recipe:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Home Seasoning
2-3 T butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
Paprika
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder
1 lemon or a lemon squeeze

Directions:  Put chicken in the crockpot (mine were still frozen).  Add 2-3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine.  Season the chicken with Home Seasoning.  Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth.  3-4 liberal squeezes of lemon juice.  2-3 shakes of paprika (mine came out really fast).  2-3 shakes of garlic powder.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low 8-10.

Here's what I started with:



Here's how I did it:

#1 I put the chicken in the crockpot and turned it on 4 hours or high.


#2 I threw in 2-3 T of butter.


#3 I sprinkled Home Seasoning all over it.



#4 I measured out 1/2 cup of chicken broth and added it to the pot.   I also added 3-4 big squeezes of lemon juice.



#5 I dashed in some paprika and garlic powder.


The Finished Product:




Review:

This chicken was so good! It was really super tender and it had great flavor.  At the time, I was still trying to get the Lemon Pepper flavor so that is why I added in the lemon juice.  In retrospect, I don't know if it was really neceessary.  I couldn't really taste the lemon flavor.

Scott loved this chicken.  When I was cleaning up and there were a couple of pieces left, he told me not to throw it out because he would eat it as a sandwich tomorrow. 

I served the chicken with a can of corn, green beans and Cauliflower and Spinach Gratin.

Hope you enjoy!
April

0 comments:

Post a Comment