Chicken Fettucine

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A couple of months ago I met a girl, Holly, on Stlmoms.com and we have become "Blogger" friends. She made chicken fettucine a couple of weeks ago and put it out on her blog, Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally, and I thought it looked delicious.

Chicken Fettucine Recipe from Holly
1 package of fettuccine
1 package of cream cheese
Cream of mushroom soup
Packet of Italian dressing

Modifications:

-Mushrooms
-Diced tomatoes
-A dash of crushed red pepper flakes

Directions: Cook chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1 cup of water and the packet of Italian dressing for 90 minutes (2 large chicken breasts for 4 people should work). Heat the cream of mushroom or chicken soup, bar of cream cheese, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes until all melted. Add the soup mixture to the chicken and cook on low for 1 hour.

Cook the noodles as directed and serve chicken mixture over noodles.

Here's what I started with:



Here's how I did it:
#1 I opened the package of Italian seasoning and poured it into the crockpot.


#2 I added 1 cup of water and stirred it up.


#3 I added the chicken breast and let it cook for about an hour on high.


#4 Once the chicken had cooked for a while, I chopped up some fresh mushrooms.


#5 I poured the cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatoes (drained) and cream cheese into a pan and let it mix until smooth.





#6 I threw the mushrooms in with the chicken and then poured the soup mixture into the crockpot, as well.




#7 While the chicken mixture was finishing up, I cooked some fettucine noodles according to the package.
The Finished Product:


Review:
This fettucine was SO good and so simple to make. I liked the fact that it didn't have heavy cream in it, it somehow felt healthier. LOL
I was trying to figure out what was giving it the great flavor and I think it had to be the Italian seasoning package. For once, I did not add any onions or garlic to the mix and I can honestly say that I didn't miss it. This dish didn't need any extra seasoning, not even salt.
The tell-tale sign in my household . . . even the kids liked it!
Of course, if you didn't want to do the chicken you could just use the ingredients in a sauce pan, cook your fettucine and then serve it that way. And, you could use whole grain fettucine, if you'd prefer, too.
Overall, we loved this dish.
Hope you enjoy!
April

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you liked it! Next time, I am going to use fresh mushrooms the way you did!

April Westerhold said...

It was SO good. I really think that Italian seasoning did the trick. I couldn't believe that I didn't have to salt it or anything. Thanks for sharing it!

Chris said...

Welcome To The Foodie Blogroll!

I've been reading some of your posts today, good blog. I like that you always add what you thought of the recipe. So many of us (myself included) write up the process but don't give much feedback on the actual taste experience.

Post a Comment