Parsley Potatoes

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This recipe was found on Amy's WFD Blog

Parsley Potatoes
1 ½ pounds small red potatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
½ tsp. salt, optional
½ tsp. pepper

Directions: Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato if desired; set aside. In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in broth and ¾ cup parsley; bring to a boil. Add potatoes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper and remaining parsley.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1 I decided that I didn't want to peel the potatoes so I just washed them and quartered them.


#2 I cut up 1 small onion.

#3 I put about 3T of olive oil in a skillet.


#4 I minced up a large garlic clove and then put it in with the onions.



#5 Once the onions were softened, I poured in a can of chicken broth.


#6 I then chopped up some flat-leaf parsley and threw it in the pan.



#7 Once the broth was boiling, I then put in the potatoes, turned down the temp, covered the potatoes and let them simmer.


The Finished Product:



Review:

These potatoes were really good.  The fresh parsley really added to the dish.  I have tried several versions of these types of potatoes and these were by far the best. 

The one issue that I had with the potatoes is that the directions said to cook about 20 minutes but after 20 minutes they were still really hard so I turned the temp back up to high and really let them cook.  It took about 30 minutes for them to get soft enough which was still in plenty of time to finish with the rest of the meal.

I served these potatoes with Mini Meatloaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment