Tuscan Chicken

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuscan Chicken from Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Magazine

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:  Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme in oil for 1 minute. Add chicken; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.

Here's what I started with:


Here's how I did it:

#1 I don't have a mallet so I just used the bottom of a pan to pound out the chicken.


#2 I seasoned the chicken with Home Seasoning.


#3 I chopped up 3 garlic cloves and put them in a pan with 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil.


#4 I added in the rosemary, sage and thyme and let them cook for about a minute.



#5 I added the chicken to the pan and let each side cook for about 7 minutes.

The Finished Product:


Served here with corn and Vegetable Medley.

Review:

This chicken was really good and flavorful.  Pounding the chicken down really opened it up to all of the flavors of the herbs and made it very fast and easy to cook.

We loved this chicken and will definitely have it again!

Hope you enjoy!
April

1 comments:

Team Tezzy said...

Looks really good, but I would have to leave out the rosemary because Jeff HATES rosemary. How do you think it would taste without it?

Post a Comment